This document essentially defines our service, what you can expect, and what we expect of you. Our desire is to provide you with awesome art instruction in a safe, fun environment. To do so, it is important that everyone- from staff to student- conduct themselves in a manner that is courteous and honorable.
The fine print below seeks to protect us and you from behavior otherwise. These are the terms that you agree to when you register for courses at Iguanaacademy.com.
Thanks for joining us here at Iguana Art Academy(IAA). We’re glad you’re here.
The Terms constitute a legal document that details your and your Student(s) rights and obligations as members (“Member”) of the Iguana Art Academy Service, as described below. All Members must accept the Terms as a condition of membership to the Iguana Art Academy Service. When you accept the Terms and complete the registration process for the Iguana Art Academy Service, you become the “Member Account” holder.
For students in the 100, 200, and 300 level courses, we assume that parents provide sufficient oversight to ensure their students conduct themselves honorably and adhere to these posted standards while they use our SITE or services. Furthermore, recognizing that our SITE serves a wide range of ages and backgrounds, we expect that parents will primarily ensure their own kids refrain from any activities they feel are not beneficial to them.
You understand and agree that you are not authorized to use the SITE or services for any purpose not intended or expressly authorized. You also agree that the courses are to be accessed only by the individual registered for that course.
We take child safety very seriously here at Iguana Art Academy. Students must ABSOLUTELY access only courses in their age group. Appropriate age is determined by either 1) the student’s age in September of the current school year or 2) by the current attending grade in a public or private school local to your residence, whichever is older. If there is confusion as to the appropriate age level, please contact the school at admin @iguanaacademy.com
If an adult other than an Iguana Art Academy instructor is found accessing the middle school or high school courses (levels 100, 200, 300 courses), they will be removed from access to any Iguana Art Academy courses without refund, and waive all access to any and all courses. Our goal is to protect children. Please notify us if you ever suspect suspicious activity in any course at Iguana Art Academy.
USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS
We assume that while using our SITE or services students will conduct themselves honorably in a manner that is respectful, courteous, and in good taste. Accordingly we insist that every student use only his own assigned username while on our SITE or in our conferences. We do not permit anonymous participation in any of our services, nor do we permit students to use a fake name or another student’s name while on our SITE. We expect students to report compromised usernames or passwords, or any other violation of this standard.
Iguana Art Academy considers the Bible as the standard for assessing truth and error as well as right and wrong. In practice, we aim to deliver instruction that is respective of the Bible. Relationally this means that we endeavor to treat one another with kindness and respect. We expect that you will also exercise prudence when it comes to any content that you upload, post, submit, or share on this SITE, through your course(s), and with other students of Iguana Art Academy.
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags or other materials (“Member Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Member Content originated. This means that you, and not Iguana Art Academy, are entirely responsible for all Member Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Service. Though we will do our best to monitor Member Content, we cannot guarantee to control all Member Content posted via the SITE and, as such, cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Member Content. You understand that by using the Service, you may be inadvertently be exposed to Member Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Iguana Art Academy be liable in any way for any Member Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Member Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Member Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service.
By posting information in or otherwise using any interactive service that may be available to you on or through this SITE, you agree that you will not upload, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content- including text, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information- that:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- uses vulgar language in the creation of a username or other identifying information;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18. Personal information includes but is not limited to name, address, phone number, or name of their school;
- could be harmful to minors;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”;
- contains restricted or password-only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Members;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person’s consent; impersonates any person or entity, including any employee, contractor or representative of Iguana Art Academy.
Iguana Art Academy generally does not pre-screen, or monitor Member Content.
Iguana Art Academy however, has the right (but not the obligation) at their sole discretion to pre-screen, monitor, edit or remove any Member Content that in our judgment does not comply with these Terms or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. Iguana Art Academy is not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such Member Content. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Member Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Member Content.
You acknowledge and agree that all content, software, and materials available on the SITE are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by
Iguana Art Academy, you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from such materials or content. Notwithstanding the above, you may print or download one copy of the materials or content on the SITE on a single computer for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Systematic retrial of data or other content from the SITE to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without permission from Iguana Art Academy is prohibited. In addition, use of the content or materials for any purpose not expressly permitted in these Terms is prohibited.